Apr 6, 2017

Mahasiddha Milarepa


Before the Great Siddha Milarepa left His emanation body, He sung the song below.
His compassion is boundless, limitless and even reading about His story can evoke His protection, guidance and blessings.

How much more might evoke repeating His mantra?

Siddha Milarepa mantra:
OM AH GURU HASA VAJRA SARVA SIDDHI HUM






"I bow at the feet of the translator Marpa,
Father, protector of beings, who fulfilled his prayers.
Listen, all my disciples assembled here.

You have shown me great kindness.
I too have shown you great kindness.
Master and students are equal in kindness.
May we meet once again in the land Abhirati.

May all my patrons seated here
Likewise live long and gain merit.
May they avoid wrong intentions
And may their plans be fulfilled in accord with the dharma.

 May this region be blessed with good fortune,
The joys of increasing rich harvests,
And ever engage in the dharma,
Free from disease and discord.

In the land Abhirati may I once again meet
Those who have seen my face or heard my voice,
Remembered my life story,
Or heard of it or of my name.

In the land Abhirati may I once again meet
Those who act and practice with my life in mind,
Those who write or teach or listen to it,
Read it or pay it respect,
And those who emulate my life.

In the future may all individuals
Who are able to do meditation
And practice austerities, as have I,
Be free from obstructions and errors.

For those who practice an ascetic life
Lies merit beyond comprehension.
For those who urge others to choose such a life
Lies kindness beyond comprehension.
For those who hear my life story
Lies blessing beyond comprehension.
Through these three incomprehensible blessings
May they find liberation simply by hearing it, and then
Achieve their aims through its mere contemplation.


May all of my shelters and retreat places
And all of my personal belongings
Bring happiness wherever they are.

Just as the element space permeates Earth,
water, fire, and wind,
May I too be present in every place.

May the eight kinds of non-humans, from serpents to gods,
And hordes of local spirits and elementals,
Not carry out even a moment of harm
But rather fulfill these wishes in accord with dharma.

May I guide all beings leaving no one behind,
Not even the smallest of insects,
So that none falls prey to life's round."

(from "Life of Milarepa" book)

No comments:

Post a Comment